Saturday, May 14, 2011

What My Students Learned This Semester

Taking inspiration from Jo(e), I passed out index cards and asked my students to write down one thing they learned in class this semester.  These are the anonymous responses I received in the order in which I received them.

Different posters target different audiences.  Pictures and wording can make the difference.

I learned how to write memos and what goes into medical posters.  I also learned that medical writing is vastly different than creative writing.

I learned that I write just as well when I procrastinate, but my stomach hurts less when I don't.

I have finally mastered the art of incorporating psychology into RPW!  Woo Hoo!  Oh, and the crazy amount of info that goes into charting.

I learned about the range of issues that go into medical writing, like legal and ethical issues.

I learned how different aspects of rhetoric apply to medical documents.  It's amazing how much attention to detail and audience needs to be considered when it comes to dealing with charts, posters, etc.

I learned that writing outside your field increases your range as a writer.

I learned I don't have a career in writing medical reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment